Pork Belly Burnt Ends
After smoking nearly 1,000lbs of pork this amazing pork belly burnt ends recipe has been perfected.
- Pellet Smoker
- 8 lbs Pork Belly
- Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub
- TN Mojo BBQ Rub
- Meat Church Holy Voodoo
- Blues Hog Champions Blend BBQ Sauce
- Burntout BBQ Grill Candy
- Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- Cut pork belly into 1.75 inch – 2 inch cubes (this was way better than every time I cut them smaller. They stand up better and hold their shape better. If you’ve ever tried this I’m sure you’ve had them fall all over the place during the cook.)
- Season with Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub and TN MOJO BBQ Rub and place on a well-sprayed metal rack. I season them in a huge bowl 6-8 at a time then place on the rack and season more. Let them sit for 30-45 minutes before they hit the smoker.Heat the YS1500s Pellet Smoker to 250 degrees
- Smoke for 2.5 hours, spritz at 1 hour and 2 hour mark with a mixture of water and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Remove from smoker, pan them, add unsalted butter, honey, brown sugar and Meat Church Holy Voodoo. Cover with foil and smoke for 1.5 hours. They should be around 202-205 degrees and are now ready to glaze. Remove them and drain the juices. (draining those juices has been a huge step I’ve been missing all this time).
- Mix glaze as 90% Blues Hog Champions Blend, 9% Burntout BBQ Grill Candy, 1% Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce, 5 dash of Killer Hogs Hot Sauce.
- Warm glaze as you get close to the 2.25 hour mark.
- Toss in glaze and return to smoker for 20-30 minutes or until glaze is tacky.
- Serve and enjoy